Casual (and large) place to have drinks!

Hey everyone,

I am struggling to find a casual bar that would be large enough to fit some (tens of) company colleagues to use as a regular happy hour place.

Ideally it would be a place where you don’t need to make any reservations in advance… just spread the word among colleagues and make it a meeting point. I was thinking a 立ち飲み (stand and drink) would be the best option, but is super hard to find spacious areas…

The best location would be Shinbashi surroundings or somewhere in the Harumi area, but anywhere is fine!

I know I am probably asking for too much :sweat_smile: but I would appreciate some recommendations or thoughts on that.

Thanks!!

よろしく~

This is really hard! The only venue I know that can always accommodate big groups without notice is Commune 2nd in Aoyama. Otherwise I’d just suggest bars. The “300 bars” around Ginza/Shinbashi could work as long as it isn’t a Friday night when it gets completely packed. Other places that are used to the vagaries of foreign customers might work. Places like Legends, Hobgoblin and Brewdog in Roppongi or Hub/Ale House 82 everywhere. Got to be careful of 貸し切り though. Nothing more annoying than turning up somewhere in a big group and finding out there is a wedding party on!

1 Like

I hate to say it, but maybe Hub? LOL!

Most izakaya are used to fitting in big groups, and if you become regulars, after a while the staff will start to go out of their way to accommodate you.

If I were you, I’d go walk around the area and pop my head in anywhere that looks large enough and just ask the staff.