Late evening travel from Narita to Shinjuku

Hi, My family of 4 (including 2 kids) arrive at Narita at 8:55pm on Korean Air. We would ideally like to jump on the N’EX and travel through to Shinjuku but I see that the last train to Shinjuku leaves Narita at 9:44pm…Two questions: first, any chance we can breeze through customs/immigration and get to this train? Second, if we are dreaming and cannot realistically catch this, what other options do we have at this time on a Saturday night to get to our hotel in Shinjuku? Thanks so much for your advice!

You might get through in time, it’s usually quite quick in both Narita and Haneda airports.
But if you’re not in time for the last N’EX, there’s plenty of other train options, the limosuine bus or shared taxi - see our article on Narita to Shinjuku here: Narita to Shinjuku: The Best Transport Options | Tokyo Cheapo

1 Like

I would suggest that taking the limosuine bus might be a better idea for you and your family. Even if your hotel is not a stop on the limosuine bus routes, you should be able to get near enough to the place without having to get through Shinjuku train station and the tunnels that web out from there.

Well, if you’re going to take a bus and money is no option, then you could take a limousine bus, but by far the best bus option is now to take the Access Narita bus to Tokyo or Ginza station (only Y1,000 for adults and Y500 for kids). Of course it depends on how much luggage you have (and how old the kids are), but you can take the Marunouchi Line to Shinjuku station in 12 minutes from Ginza.

This topic was automatically closed 83 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.