Narita to shimokita

I have a question about getting to Shimokita from Narita.
Our Airbnb has provided great instructions that involve 3 trains, but I am worried that we will be too tired from our long flight and cutting it close as we arrive later in the evening.
I am considering taking a train from the airport to a major station and doing a taxi the rest of the way.
Has anyone ever done this and can a taxi accommodate 4 people? I don’t know what the fastest option would be.

Hi there,
Changing trains late at night in an unfamiliar city can be quite stressful and challenging. If you were to take one train, I’d recommend taking the Narita Express to Shibuya and then catch a taxi. Shibuya and Shimokitazawa aren’t right next to each other so it will cost about 2,000yen I would guess. Taxis can usually take 4 people no problem, but it depends how much luggage you have. If you have 4 really large suitcases, you’ll have trouble fitting in a single taxi. Also, you could try one of the new type taxis that look like London black cabs. The publicity says they have more luggage space, although I’m yet to catch one with luggage so I’m not sure how true this is.
Good luck! Btw, Shimo is one of my favourite Tokyo neighbourhoods - good choice!
Greg

Thank you, Greg! I picked Shimokita randomly and was getting a little worries because it seems to be on the outskirts of town, but the more I hear about it, the more perfect it seems. We have never been to Japan, so I appreciate the tips on getting from the airport to our Airbnb. I am going to take your advice and do the Narita Express then catch a cab. If we have to get two it’ll be well worth it. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 83 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.