HELP! Only one month until I leave!

I’m screwed.

At least that’s what it feels like. I’ve been proocrastinating like crazy for the last six months and now I’m one month away from my trip and I haven’t booked a single thing. I don’t know where to begin, it all seems overwhelming.

I am in Japan 13-21 June. We leave the 21, so basically only 13-20.th. I’ve been thinking of buying a JR Rail pass because I want to go other places as well. I was thinking Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima. Also I’d like to visit Nara and a Buddhist temple in the region (Read about a mountain close by that has over 400 buddhist temples).

Can someone help me. Please. Where do I even start. ps. I have plain tickes and I’m travelling with my boyfriend.

Hi Idacath,

I would suggest booking your accommodation first, and then ordering a JR Pass for your travels. It is possible to visit Kyoto, Osaka, Nara (all in the same region) and Hiroshima (a couple of hours away) in a week. Shouldn’t be too rushed.

These resources might help:

Happy + cheap travels!

1 Like

Thank you! I just booked the JR Pass, but I was thinking of maybe going straight to Hiroshima first and discovered that the Pass does not cover the direct train from Tokyo to Hiroshima. Should I start a new topic on this perhaps?

I’m not super familiar with the JR pass, but couldn’t you just take two separate bullet trains. ie Hiroshima to Kyoto, then Kyoto to Tokyo?